In family law property settlements, small businesses are often a significant part of the spousal asset pool. Yet often there is hesitation on engaging a forensic accountant to conduct a proper valuation.
Hall Chadwick Forensics offers fixed fee for valuations of small businesses in family law matters. Our extensive experience combined with efficient and methodical procedures allows us to provide a fixed fee without compromise.
We consider small business:
- Have a turnover not exceeding $3 million per annum;
- Single entity business operation (company, trust, partnership or sole trader); and
- A business controller who will co-operate with the provision of information and documents requested by us.
The following must be provided to commence engagement:
- Business financial statements, tax returns and depreciation schedules for the last three financial years.
- Spouse’s individual income tax returns for the last three financial years.
- Current year to date profit & loss, balance sheet, IAS and BAS returns.
- Copies of all market valuations of related property, plant and equipment.
- Copies of all relevant corporate documents and business agreements.
- Details of remuneration packages taken by all related persons to the business, including superannuation and benefits.
- Interview time arranged with the business controller.
To discuss small business valuations and learn about our fixed price, please contact Hall Chadwick Forensics.