Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) property investment is a popular strategy being adopted by SMSF’s. However, the specific type of borrowing arrangement, type of property and the intended use of the property within SMSFs are still subject to strict requirements. As a leading SMSF accountant in Melbourne, Hall Chadwick can provide advice and insight into SMSF property investment and SMSF estate planning.
In accordance with the individual SMSF investment strategy statement and trust deed, our superannuation advisor can provide information on SMSF property and tax minimisation, capital gains tax strategies, negative gearing options and maximising contribution caps.
Before purchasing property, you will need to seek financial advice from a qualified financial planner. In the event that you would like a referral to a financial planner, please let us know and we would be pleased to assist.
Our specialist SMSF property investment services include:
- Advantages and disadvantages of buying property through SMSF
- Types of residential and investment property eligible for purchase by SMSF’s
- Borrowing in SMSFs
- Tax minimisation strategies
- Capital gains tax strategies
- Negative gearing options
- Renovating SMSF held properties
- Running expenses relating to SMSF investment property
- Rules relating to acquisitions from related parties
- Compliance with SMSF trust deed rules and provisions
- Compliance with relevant taxation and trust laws
- SMSF estate planning advisory
- Sole Purpose Test requirements
- SMSF investment strategy reviews
- Legislation regarding loans to fund members or relatives
- Maximising superannuation contribution caps