More detail on extended support for Victorian businesses
Today the Victorian Government said it has processed an additional $120 million in the second round of the Business Support Fund. This includes:
- Businesses in Melbourne and Mitchell Shire may apply for support up to $10,000
- Businesses in regional Victoria may apply for a $5,000 grant.
Previous eligibility criteria applies. Those who have successfully applied for the grant previously will automatically receive the extension. New applications must be made before 14 September. The Victorian Government has prepared new set of Q&A. See at business.vic.gov.au.
Download our edited July Business Update.
Support Package for Victorian businesses
Further detail on the packages outlined 10 July is now available. We cover the Regional Tourism Business Grant, CBD Small Hospitality Business Grant and Hospitality Business Grant in our edited July Business Update. Please note businesses that have received funding under the Victorian Live Music Venues Program and/or the Business Support Fund – Expansion program are not eligible for funding through this program.
Regional Tourism Businesses
Eligible operators will be able to claim up to $225 per night for up to 5 nights for each and every room cancelled due to the return of Stage 3 restrictions, provided they refund the booking in full. Applications are open from 13 July 2020 until the end of the current Stay at Home restrictions or when funds are exhausted. Use this link to apply.
CBD Small Hospitality Business Grant
Eligible businesses will be provided with a one-off grant of either $5,000 (for businesses with a food service seating capacity in the CBD of 11 to 100 seats) or $15,000 (for businesses with a food service seating capacity in the CBD of 101 or more seats) to help with the continued operation of their business.
To be eligible for a grant under this program, businesses must:
- Be a recipient of a Business Support Fund – Expansion grant and may have received an invitation to apply for a CBD Small Business Hospitality Grant.
- Operate a business with an address located in the Melbourne CBD, including the postcodes 3000 (Melbourne), 3005 (World Trade Centre), 3006 (Southbank) and 3008 (Docklands)
- Operate a restaurant, cafe, pub, bar, club, reception centre, coffee and dessert outlet or takeaway food venue with food service seating capacity of 11 seats or more.
- Hold a Class 2 or 3 Service Sector Certificate of Registration under the Food Act 1984 (Vic).
- Not have received funding assistance through the Night-time Economy Business Support Initiative or the Victorian Live Music Venues Program.
Use this link to apply.
Hospitality Business Grant Program
Funding will be allocated through a grant process. Applicants apply for:
- a grant of $25,000 (excluding GST)
- an extra $5,000 for each additional premises located within Victoria (capped at $20,000)
- an extra $20,000 for businesses operating premises in the CBD. (postcodes 3000 (Melbourne), 3005 (World Trade Centre), 3006 (Southbank) and 3008 (Docklands).)
To be eligible for a grant, your business must:
- Operate a business with premises located in Victoria;
- Operate a restaurant, cafe, pub, bar, club, reception centre, coffee and dessert outlet or takeaway food venue that serves patrons and hold a Class 2 or 3 Service Sector – Certificate of Registration under the Food Act 1984 (Vic);
- Have an annual payroll of greater than $3 million and lower than $10 million in 2019-20;
- Be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on 30 June 2020;
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 30 June 2020; and
- Be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Use this link to apply.
Let’s stay connected. We can’t be in the office but we continue to be here for you. Our team are working safely and securely in their virtual office locations. Please email your service team member or call us on +61 3 9820 6400 for assistance and advice with regards to federal and state economic support programs and other ways to manage your business through this challenging period.