The Victorian Government has extended cash grants for businesses affected by the current lockdown. Support for individuals has been extended by the Federal Government.
As announced by the Victorian Government on Wednesday 21 July, eligible Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund recipients will receive $4,200, taking the total payment to $7,200, while Business Costs Assistance Program recipients will receive $2,800, increasing the total grant to $4,800.
You do not need to apply for the July 2021 Top-Up Payment. It is an automatic payment to all successful recipients of the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two and Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021. Businesses that had chosen not to apply for these support programs in relation to the May/June lockdown, or had been ineligible to apply but are now eligible, will be welcome to apply for July lockdown support payments and will be considered outside of the automatic top-up process.
- Individuals who live or work in a Commonwealth hotspot (includes Greater Melbourne) will be eligible for the COVID-19 Disaster Payment if, during the period of the lockdown, they have lost:
- between 8 – 20 hours of work – a payment of $375
- for 20 or more hours of work – a payment of $600.
- There will be no liquid assets test applied to eligibility for these payments. Payments will be made in arrears on application to Services Australia from Friday 23 July 2021.
- You must not be receiving any income support payments from Centrelink, ABSTUDY Living Allowance, Dad and Partner Pay or Parental Leave Pay.
- Australian residents must claim online via a Centrelink online account.
Read our Client Update on Round One Grants
The NSW Government has announced further details for the one-off payment to help businesses, sole traders or not-for-profit organisations impacted by the current Greater Sydney COVID-19 restrictions. Grants between $7,500 and $15,000 are available to eligible businesses depending on the decline in turnover experienced during the restrictions. Read more.
We’re here to help. Contact your Accounting Services Director or Manager, alternatively ask our Business Services team on 03 9820 6400.