South Australia’s Economic Response COVID19
Fast tracking infrastructure projects
A $350 million stimulus package to include the fast tracking of infrastructure projects, as well as new projects around road maintenance, housing, tourism and health.
Payroll Tax Relief
Businesses with Australian grouped wages up to $4 million will receive a six month payroll tax waiver:
- six month period for the months of April to September 2020 for the return periods of March 2020 to August 2020
- no application will be required. Revenue SA will notify businesses who meet relevant criteria.
Businesses with Australian grouped wages over $4 million will receive a six month payroll tax waiver:
- businesses in their application must demonstrate they have been significantly impacted by COVID 19
- eligible businesses with payroll tax payments due to be paid from April to September will now be due in October 2020
- monthly payroll tax returns must still be lodged to capture wages for the month, with payment deferred to October 2020
- deferral of payroll tax liability will be shown as part of the Annual Reconciliation processes.
Deferral of 2019-20 third and fourth instalments for businesses and individuals:
- No application required
- Does not relate to previous outstanding arrears.
The Land Tax Reform Transitional Relief Fund is available to eligible taxpayers whose land tax bill will increase as a result of the changes in aggregation of land commencing from 1 July 2020 will be increased from 50% to 100% of the increase in an eligible taxpayer’s 2020-21 land tax assessment. This will be subject to the existing criteria.
Job Accelerator Grants
The relaxing of grant criteria requiring an employer to have maintained their overall employment levels for a full year to be eligible for their second anniversary JAG payment. The Government understands that due to the impact of COVID-19, some employers may not be able to meet this criteria.
Claims for the second JAG payment from 1 February to 30 June 2020 will be assessed on staffing levels as at 31 January 2020 rather than the relevant two year anniversary date.
Apply for the grant at revenuesa.sa.gov.au