Keen to make Superannuation your area of specialty? This role is ideal for an accountant with approximately two years business services and accounting experience, experience lodging superannuation returns, and a strong interest in developing superannuation expertise. This is an interesting role with variety, development and the opportunity to contribute across teams.
In this role you will predominantly work with the Superannuation Manager providing support to the SMFS division. You will be exposed to a wide spread of funds belonging to clients with diverse portfolios including property (commercial and residential), listed shares and managed fund portfolios managed by external financial advisors. As you develop the role will grow with you. Superannuation will be the primary portion of your role, however the role also offers the opportunity to work with the business services teams from time to time.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Preparing lists of queries, information and documents required from clients in order to complete financial statements and tax returns
- Preparing accounting work papers up to required standards
- Preparing quarterly/annual Business Activity Statements, review Income Activity Statements and TBA reports
- Preparing trustee minutes and resolutions
- Liaising with the Administration team to ensure that completed financial statements and tax returns and other relevant documents are sent promptly to clients for review and signing
- Directly interacting with clients to follow up signing and lodgement of tax forms, payment of tax liabilities and other matters
- Liaising with the ATO regarding client lodgements, tax payment arrangements and assessment objections
- Liaising with external financial advisors dealing with mutual clients and obtain information and required documents to prepare financial statements and tax returns
- Assisting the SMSF Manager and Director with research and the preparation of advice on superannuation matters.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Approximately two years’ accounting and business services experience including superannuation returns in a chartered accounting firm in Australia
- Intermediate capability in using ClassSuper (approx. one year coding transactions for super)
- Exposure to some SMSF audit functions and liaising with SMFS Auditors (desirable)
- Xero, MYOB, intermediate to advanced Excel
- A strong interest in developing Superannuation expertise
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage competing priorities effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A customer focused approach
- A positive and self-motivated working style
- Ability to build effective working relationships and work flexibly across assignments, clients and teams.
What We Offer
Our employees tell us that a key feature of working for us is our supportive, friendly and welcoming work environment. We have a non-hierarchical, open door culture where our diverse mix of employees are each valued and recognised for their individual offering.
We also offer:
- Attractive salary and annual remuneration review
- Investment in your continual learning
- An open door, feedback culture
- Recognition of your achievements
- Support to balance your work and life commitments
- Regular training programs run by internal and external facilitators
- Real opportunities to gain experience through our national and international connections
- An active social club and opportunities to connect with others
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing resources including fruit in the office, monthly massages and flu shots
- Support for CA/CPA studies including fee reimbursement and paid study leave
- An employee referral program including an attractive bonus and paid time off
About the Firm
Hall Chadwick is a mid-tier chartered accounting and business advisory firm collaborating the skills of more than 430 staff across Australia and New Zealand. In Melbourne, our practice areas include audit, business services, tax consulting and advisory with a strong focus on international business, forensics, corporate finance, business recovery and insolvency, and private wealth.
Clients tell us they value the hands-on, personal service we offer, because they have access to experienced people and advice every step of the way.
Our membership with PrimeGlobal connects us with over 29,000 professional staff in 100 countries around the world.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa.