We have a great opportunity for an experienced payroll professional wanting to take the next step in their payroll career. In this varied role, no two days are the same. As this role provides outsourced payroll services to a wide range of clients, there is plenty of opportunity for ongoing professional growth.
As the Payroll Coordinator you will work as part of a supportive and close-knit team to provide full end-to-end payroll services for our clients. Each client typically has a payroll of between 1-100 people, and most payrolls are processed monthly. This is a busy role, and your high-volume payroll processing experience will serve you well to keep pace during the last two weeks of each month. Having said that, alternate fortnights are quieter, and you might even wish to take a day off each week in the quieter fortnights, it’s up to you.
What will you be doing in this role?
We offer full service payroll, so you’ll get to do a bit of everything! This includes:
- Assisting with the onboarding process for new payroll clients
- Setting up new employees, ensuring all components are complete such as TFN, Super, and employment contracts
- Entering the monthly data including leave maintenance, and generating reports
- Preparing and lodging payroll taxes
- Preparing the monthly IAS
- Setting up WorkCover policies where required
- Processing Superannuation lodgements
- Assisting with EOM and EOFY reporting
- Attending to client Payroll queries.
Why Hall Chadwick?
Hall Chadwick is a mid-tier chartered accounting and business advisory firm collaborating the skills of more than 430 staff across Australia and New Zealand.
Our Melbourne office is located in a convenient CBD location close to public transport, cafes and lots of lunch options. Our employees tell us that a key feature of working for us is our supportive, friendly and welcoming work environment.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need proficiency typically gained from at least 4 years payroll experience including:
- Previous experience in high volume end-to-end payroll processing, including terminations, redundancies, EOM/EOFY reporting, Workers Compensation, LSL
- Knowledge of general payroll legislation including Superannuation, payroll tax, STP
- Experience processing multiple payrolls (preferred)
- Experience using HR3 (preferred)
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
You must also have
- Strong numerical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage own time to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a team.
What’s on offer?
We’re constantly considering our offering, and welcome ideas from our team members. Here’s some of what you can expect:
- Generous salary with annual remuneration reviews
- Investment in your continual learning
- An open door, feedback culture
- Recognition of your achievements
- Support to balance your work and life commitments
- Regular training programs run by internal and external facilitators
- An active social club and opportunities to connect with others
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing resources including fruit in the office, monthly massages and flu shots
- An employee referral program including an attractive bonus and paid time off.
All applicants much be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa.