We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced qualified accountant to join one of our Business Services teams, providing tax and accounting services for a wide range of Australian and international clients. In this role you will be provided with significant exposure to complex matters, sizable client groups and international clients, and you will enjoy a clear pathway for career progression. We are a full-service firm with a wide offering so as you grow and develop we will tailor your employee experience to your skills and interests, and provide you with the opportunity to work across teams and projects for your ongoing professional development.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Working with trust, partnership and company accounts and medium to large sized trading businesses of $1m to $1Billion turnover
- Managing a varied portfolio of clients in a variety of industries, Australian and International
- Exposure to consulting matters of various types
- Reviewing and managing BAS and FBT lodgements
- Working with the audit team to prepare tax calculation, DTA/DTL for audited financials
- Liaison with the ATO and other professionals or regulatory bodies on behalf of our clients
- Understanding financial landscape and market trends
- Coaching, mentoring and reviewing work completed by our junior accountants.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant degree qualification
- CA or CPA qualification (or working towards)
- Five years relevant experience in Public Practice within Australia
- Sound technical accounting skills
- A strong interest in and understanding of tax, with the ability to research and understand tax legislation
- Experience preparing financial statements, activity statements and tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and individuals with minimal supervision
- Sound knowledge of income tax laws, and the ability to identify and manage tax issues such as Div 7A, FBT, CGT, SGC and tax residency
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to build effective, professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- Leadership potential and the desire to develop further as a leader
- To be reliable and adaptable, with the ability to work effectively within a fast paced work environment.
What We Offer
Our employees tell us that a key feature of working for us is our supportive, friendly and welcoming work environment. We have a non-hierarchical, open door culture where our diverse mix of employees are each valued and recognised for their individual offering.
We also offer:
- Attractive salary package and annual remuneration review
- Support to balance your work and life commitments
- Career progression opportunities
- Investment in your continual learning
- Recognition of your achievements
- Internal training and development programs run by internal and external facilitators
- Exposure to a wide range of work with real opportunities to gain experience through our national and international connections.
- An active social club and opportunities to connect with others
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing resources including free fruit in the office, monthly massages and flu shots.
About the Firm
Hall Chadwick is a mid-tier chartered accounting and business advisory firm collaborating the skills of more than 430 staff across Australia and New Zealand. In Melbourne, our practice areas include audit, business services, tax consulting and advisory with a strong focus on international business, forensics, corporate finance, business recovery and insolvency, and private wealth.
Clients tell us they value the hands-on, personal service we offer, because they have access to experienced people and advice every step of the way.
Our membership with PrimeGlobal connects us with over 29,000 professional staff in 100 countries around the world.
All applicants much be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa.